cellfinder is software from the Margrie Lab at the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for automated 3D cell detection and registration of whole-brain images (e.g. serial two-photon or lightsheet imaging).
It’s a work in progress, but cellfinder can:
- Detect labelled cells in 3D in whole-brain images (many hundreds of GB)
- Register the image to an atlas (such as the Allen Mouse Brain Atlas)
- Segment the brain based on the reference atlas
- Calculate the volume of each brain area, and the number of labelled cells within it
- Transform everything into standard space for analysis and visualisation
This post was automatically generated by Adam Tyson